Sunday, May 19, 2013

180 in 180 Day 23

Hey Ya'll,
So today I took the time to step outside of my norm and reach out to people that I care about in my life. Part of my 180 degree turn about is keeping close to the ones I love. My distance from them is not intentional. It's really more about my tendency to be introverted. I'm not shy, but I'm not overly social either. I tend to observe my surroundings until I'm comfortable. I also choose to listen more than speak, unless it's a topic that I'm passionate about. So when I reach out to people, even if I call them, I don't always have much to say. I just wanted to hear their  voice and feel connected to them again. One person who has always understood this about me is my mother. Fortunately for me she is a Chatty Cathy and I can easily be on the phone with her for a few hours and barely utter 10 sentences. This ability of hers makes me smile....most of the time. In my effort to stay connected to my family and friends I have created these cell phone chat groups through this app called GroupMe...Think, AOL Chat room for your phone, it's actually pretty cool because it's in real time. The downside is that most of my family is really behind the curve technologically so I don't know how well this is going to work. But here's hoping.

I found myself looking at my Vision Board  this morning and realizing that I was progressively achieving each thing on that board. Slowly but surely I am realizing my dream of being the Me that I've always wanted to be in life. There are a select few things that apparently just will not happen for me...and I think I'm okay with that. But there are so many other attainable desires that I have listed and one by one I will take the challenge on and succeed. But even right now, when I can't really SEE the benefits of my work yet. I am still proud of myself because I know that my life didn't come to this overnight. Years of self neglect led me to sitting lost on an unknown path. It will not turn around overnight either, but it will turn around. One day at a time.
Peace & Namaste Ya'll

No comments: