Saturday, May 18, 2013

180 in 180 Day 22

Hey Ya'll,
Does anyone want to buy me this seemingly AMAZING new floor cleaner?

I have tile flooring throughout my entire house and cleaning the floors can be kind of a pain.  I have a steam cleaner right now, and it's fine. It just runs out of water by the time I finish a single room so I have to refill frequently. As has become the new phrase among my friends: "first world problems". I am truly grateful for what I have, but with that said who wouldn't try to make their life as simple as possible, given the chance? This really is supposed to be a fancy schmancy ultra cool product.

I decided to make today uneventful and re-brand myself for another market within the workforce in my resume and cover letter re-writes. When I begin to research viable career options for myself I always seem to have this little nagging whisper in the back of my mind. "Is this what you really want to do?" "Do you honestly have a passion for this?" "Will this cost your family more money than it will make for your family?" "Will this be work that you will eventually retire from, or will this just buy you some time until the next thing?"
But what I do know for sure is that I have a gift within my hands. The ability to heal and nourish bodies has lived in me for as long as I can remember. The use of this gift has always been part of my ultimate plan in some form or fashion throughout my life. Whether I wanted to help people heal through food, or help women birth, or teach about sexual health and well being, learn to massage, or assist people in their physical rehabilitation through chiropractics, physical therapy, or even yoga the most common theme for me has been using my hands to heal on some level.
I think that I'm so put off by the extra work that will have to be done just to keep the house running semi-smoothly that I find myself shying away from the more complicated routes that will produce greater results in the long run. I find myself asking: "Is this worth paying for 8-16 hours of pre-requisites out of pocket while I work full-time and try to manage my home?" Because I've tried that before and everything fell apart, for a number of reasons. And that's not even going to guarantee that I get accepted into a program. *Le Sigh* What I need is a clear desire, then I can have a clear plan or action, and be willing to take on the bumps in the road that will inevitably appear. I do feel like something is coming to the surface but I also know that I need to feel as if there is a plan of some sort in the works for my life as soon as possible. Because professionally, what I currently have going on is just killing my spirit. Have you ever needed to make a decision and it scared you to pieces to follow through with? Have you overcome it yet or are you still working through it? Either way I wish you
Peace & Namaste Ya'll

No comments: