Monday, May 6, 2013

180 in 180 Day 10

Hey Ya'll,
As of today, my plant based detox went really well. I had green juice for breakfast which was a nice jump start to the gut and even to my mind.I did add some fish to my roasted cabbage and tomatoes at lunch because I realized that I didn't have a grain and I would be ready to murder someone for a sandwich by 1:00pm if I didn't add a little fat and/or protein. I normally don't like using my crock-pot, mostly because I don't use it enough to really develop a relationship with it, but I plugged it in this morning and succeeded in making one of the best batches of vegetarian chili beans I have ever made in a long time. As you can tell I am proud of myself. Unfortunately I'm still really terrible about taking photos before I eat because I'm usually so hungry I forget. I'm working on it, I promise more pictures will be taken and I will share freely. Baked sweet potatoes and sauteed kale accompanied my beans tonight and I am satisfied.

On another note I would like to my greatest gratitude into the universe for the creators, teachers, and doers of yoga. Today was one of those days where I daydreamed about walking out on my job and never looking back. But I just kept breathing and told myself that if I can just make it to yoga I can survive the day. And guess what? It was true! I made it to yoga and by the end of class I felt so much better about my day, about my life even. I wish I could feel like that at all times, just floating within myself feeling present and connected to my world. I want to practice all the time and just lose myself in a yogi high. Speaking of yoga, there is a new documentary underway about the great guru of Iyengar yoga. I would love to see this film be finished soon and presented to the world. It is a story that needs to be told. So hopefully if you  are reading this and able to donate even $5 you might decide to help the independent filmmaker finish this amazing project.


http://igg.me/at/sadhakafilm

“Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we learn. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and prejudices and the acceptance of love back in our hearts. Love is the essential reality and our purpose on earth. To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning of life. Meaning does not lie in things. Meaning lies in us.” - Marianne Williamson


Peace and Namaste Ya'll

No comments: