Friday, May 17, 2013

180 in 180 Day 21

Hey Ya'll,
I'm feeling a bit better today, my stomach is less angry with me. Though I think I need to flush my system this weekend with plenty of clean water, fresh juice, and herbal tea. I did take today off from work so I'm sure taking the time to rest and recover from whatever was plaguing me really helped. I barely ate today a little fruit salad here, some stir fry there, but I did make it to yoga. I went to a gentle yoga class today that was very restorative, very deliberate, and very much needed. I think I literally fell asleep during Savasana I caught myself just as I was starting to snore. At least I hope that I caught myself but I wouldn't be surprised if I had been snoring for a few minutes before becoming aware. Either way I feel restored and ready for an amazing night's sleep.

I've come to the conclusion that I may need to do something different to help me really and truly break my addiction to gluten and sugar. Even though I know that gluten makes me miserable I struggle to stay away from it because some of my most favorite foods are wheat-based. I generally don't tend to be a fan of gluten-free versions of quick bread products (which tend to be my favorites) like biscuits, pancakes, waffles, and quick breads like banana bread. The texture tends to be excruciatingly dry, dense, and crumbly. Maybe I haven't found the right product, or maybe I will just have to leave such products to once a month so as not to torture myself every single day for the rest of my life, but instead to treat myself to the absolute highest quality of these foods as a treat. The cheap, fast, and easy stuff isn't really all that tasty anyway when one really investigates. My body is screaming at me right now to lay down zone out and breathe. As I struggle to keep my eyes open while I type this, I wish you:
Peace & Namaste Ya'll

No comments: