Saturday, September 28, 2013

180 in 180 Days 153-155

Hey Ya'll,
I survived!!! I officially finished my Jillian Michael's series yesterday and I have not felt so relieved since I moved this Summer Ha!! I'm just taking a 3 week break from her to shake things up in my routine before I hit a plateau. Ashtanga and Vinyasa Flow yoga will be a nice change for my running routine. I could definitely use some time on my mat and my flexibility has been lacking over the last 12 weeks. Jillian isn't exactly all that keen on extensive stretching in her cool downs. I'm ready for my body to ache in a different way.

I was supposed to take part in a 5k tomorrow, but I guess those plans have changed. I'm not really all that sure yet. I won't find out for sure until tomorrow. I guess I will let ya'll know what happens. I don't think I ever imagined my life would be where it is right at this every moment, but it could definitely be worse. And I am so grateful that it is not worse. The perks of being a "Sunny Side-up" type of person is that it takes a lot to bring you down and when you are brought down it takes twice as much to keep you down. Which just reinforces that I made the right choice to leave my old life behind me. That life I somehow managed to get myself stuck in was killing my spirit and it was all I could do to keep from being lost completely.

This life that I am rebuilding just for me as such endless possibilities that I have to remind myself occasionally to take one step at a time and do exactly what makes me happy. No fear. No second guessing. No answering to anyone else about how it can be done, how it will make me enough money, how it will fit into anyone else's plans for life. Don't rush it. Don't question it. Don't do it if it doesn't make you happy. Most of all  don't forget to breathe. Breathe deeply. Breathe slowly. Breathe deliberately. Breathe to remind yourself that you are still alive. Breathe to center and breathe to focus. I thank my Creator for bringing me to yoga. Yoga has helped me in being able to hear better. To understand better. To react better. To be more grateful.

What has yoga helped you with?

Peace & Namaste Ya'll

No comments: