Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Information overload

Hey Y'all!!!
So last week, Friday, my birthday present from my mother arrived on the doorstep. And let me tell you... I am in Love!! I have received the holy grail of culinary information. An actual Culinary Institute of America textbook! What?!?! Yes! 
This book has literally almost everything a professional chef learns tucked right inside of it. Along with some really great photos. It's huge. When I say huge, think science major in graduate school textbook huge. There are literally more than 1200 pages in this book. So it's not really a carry around and do some light reading type of book. But goodness knows I am enjoying diving into it chunk by chunk. 
There are thorough explanations of what things are from tools to spices to meat. And how to use them. 
Even all of the cuts of vegetables and meats!!! 
I am so excited about this book I don't even know where to start with it. Ha!
Once I've skimmed my way through to the end I will gather my thoughts and figure out what my first project will be. Who knows, I just may surprise myself with some new skills mastered. 
What's the best gift you have received (or given) in recent years?
Peace and Namaste Y'all 



No comments: