Monday, April 7, 2014

Prep in a hurry

Hey y'all!
This weekend I was inspired to be prepared for life. I've been researching a few random things and it resulted in a sort of nesting cord being struck. So I've had the urge to organize my life better. Trouble is my life is not my own just yet Lol. But succeeded in prepping a few meals for the week in a matter of a couple hours this afternoon. So all in all, fairly productive day. Ha!
One thing though, I spent so much time rushing about that I failed to take adequate step by step pictures. So today I'll just give you the gist of things and my next meal prep will have better photos to follow along. 
These are my baked spinach egg white omelette muffins. Lol
I am almost certain that you can do this with any of your favorite omelette ingredients.
1 bag baby spinach
3 -16oz cartons egg whites
1 bunch green onions
1 red bell pepper 
2 Roma tomatoes 
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper
All ingredients were mixed together in a bowl and spooned into a muffin tin. I had to do 2 separate batches because I only had one 12 cup muffin tin. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until the eggs are set and a knife inserted comes out clean. 


At 2-4 egg "muffins" depending on how hungry are that morning, this will easily be breakfast for the rest of the week for my daughter, my mother, and me. 

Low calorie, full of flavor, and taste great with a dose of your favorite hot sauce. I'd say it's a win! 

At least now mornings will be super easy for the next few days and I won't find myself so hungry when I get back to the house that I'm ready to eat anything that falls out of the fridge. Lol

If you test this out let me know what you like about it and what you might change. I think the next I try this I will use a different cheese. Something that melts better and see how that works out. 

Okay time to stretch, leg day always hits me hard. Lol
Peace and Namaste y'all 

No comments: