Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sometimes we just don't think

Hey y'all,
So, today there were some DIY home projects going on around the house. My kiddo and her GrandDude got up bright and early today to paint and accent wall in the family room for my mother today. 
Well, let's just say that by the end of the project my kiddo remembered why painters wear smocks when they work. Lol
You see any other time she would have been wearing shorts, an oversized t-shirt, and bare feet around the house. But today of all days she decides to be fully dressed in decent clothes and her favorite pair of boots. What the child was thinking, I have no idea. So of course she ended up with paint, Red paint, splattered across her boots. 
Fortunately, being the daughter of a solider I still have access to some really good stuff. Although I have no idea what this stuff is made of, so I doubt the ingredients are very environmentally friendly, but they work in a serious pinch like this. I initially tried hydrogen peroxide and failed miserably. But this stuff 
Is pretty amazing. Leave it to the army to figure out how to make one thing work for just about everything. Apparently this is the 800mg ibuprofen of boot cleaners. (Fellow military brats will know what I'm talking about if you've ever been to the doctor for anything Lol)
So of course the cleaner worked and her shoes are almost back to normal. Which was a life saver, because she almost lost it when I told her I didn't think red paint was going to come off. I can't blame her though, I love my boots too and I am exceedingly sad that one of my favorite pairs is in need of either a cobbler or replacement. I felt her pain. And I'm glad we were able to save the boots. 
Now off I go to turn an old button down shirt into an art smock for the little one. Then a down dog for myself before bed. 
Have you ever done something and then realized you knew better and should have taken better precautions? 
Peace and namaste y'all 


No comments: