Saturday, April 19, 2014

Justify it with some veggies

Hey y'all,
This week's break has definitely been much needed. It always takes a few days to register just how hard you work for everyone else and how occasionally you need some time for yourself. Don't forget to take a little break sometime soon and remember to enjoy what you work so hard for.
Yesterday I spent a little time with my mommy. It was one of the best days out and about that I've had all week. I love my mommy. Yes she is a Chatty Cathy and I'm much quieter than she is often times. But when it's just the two of us doing something togetherwe're like two peas in a pod. I'm sure the fact that it just being the two of us for the early parts of my childhood has a lot to do with our bond. But also the simple fact that my mother loves me sooo much and has always shown it keeps us going. 
We did a little shopping for Easter and then I reheated the leftover pizzas in the fridge after we got settled back in at the house. P.S. people eat so much pizza around here, even the kiddo is sick of pizza. Yes, you read that right. A 10 year old child is sick of pizza. Lol
The pizza is from this place called Bella's. It's....okay....I actually prefer the shop that's closer to our house called Tony's. They have a better sauce to cheese ratio and use a delicious olive oil. Which makes the pizzas nice and greasy Lol
So these slices being leftovers meant we ate pizzas earlier this week, right? So I had to justify eating it again with some veggies and I didn't feel like making a cold salad. The weather has cooled back down this week and the wind adds a good brrr effect. Lol but at least the sun has been shining. 
So I minced up 3 cloves of garlic and threw it on top of about 2 cups of broccoli in a bowl with a pinch of red pepper flakes, kosher salt, and popped it into the microwave for 1:00minute. 
I mixed everything together well so that the garlic would cover the broccoli. Then spooned the mixture on to each of the cold slices. 
I tossed the sheet pan of slices into the oven under the broiler until the cheese was bubbling. 

Extra virgin olive oil was drizzled across the top just like on a white pizza. Mostly because like I said, the sauce to cheese ratio on a Bella's slice isn't to my liking. 
The result, a garlicky hot slice of pizza with great added texture, fiber, and justification. Lol
I know not everyone would think to add broccoli to their pizza. But don't knock it until you try it. It's nothing like the over cooked mush that is so often served as broccoli, giving it a bad name. Plus there are three things that can make pretty much anything taste amazing: deep frying, cheese, and of course Bacon. 

Either way we enjoyed our renewed leftovers. How do you like to revamp leftover pizza? 

Peace & Namaste Y'all  



No comments: