Tuesday, April 30, 2013

180 in 180 Day 4

Hey Ya'll,
In the spirit of full disclosure I'm going to come clean about my day. I'm not proud of it, but I am sort of proud of how I'm ending it. My food choices at work were less than stellar, I was "self medicating" with food because I still don't feel well and I was sleepy. I'm actively working to spin these habits around in my 180 days. For breakfast I ate popcorn, not really a poor choice per say (not buttered so low cal) but then when lunch came around I opted for a chocolate shake and french fries instead of the salad that I packed for myself today. But halfway through the shake my body started telling how bad of an idea it was and I couldn't finish it....The fries on the other hand are a different story. Then my office mate brought cinnamon rolls, took one out of the box warmed it up on a plate and handed it to me before I could even object. Sabotage all around I say. I ate a few thank you bites and then took the cinnamon roll home with me since it was the end of the day and let my husband and kiddo split it while they waited for dinner to be ready. Dinner was vegetarian for me with a kale stuffed baked potato. (yea, today was a potato day for some reason) While dinner was on the grill I took the time to wash all of the dishes that managed to pile up in the sink all by themselves. I walked the dog for a little over a mile, came back home just as dinner was ready and sat at the table with my family like a normal evening meal should be, but rarely is for us.
So, all in all I'm actually okay with the way my day is closing out. Did I mention that I'm using a standing desk in my main cube twice a week? Well I am, and apparently it burns like a billion extra calories an hour. That's an exaggeration, but it does burn somewhere around 350 extra calories per hour for me. So that makes me feel kind of like a super hero and just a tiny bit less guilty about eating an order of french fries for my lunch instead of my salad. But you know what? Now that I'm writing that statement, I think feeling guilty is detrimental to what I am trying to accomplish here. It is okay to be right where I am right now. And my journey has not stopped so why harbor guilt about something as simple literally a single meal? I release that and breathe life into my journey and shine light on my path. This turn around will happen for me one day at a time. I have some reading to do (part of the the journey, read more watch less television) and then my bedtime asanas. It's been real and I'm so glad you're choosing to journey along with me. Try this, forgive yourself today for something that you have been "punishing" yourself for and let it go. Speak your truth and breath joy into your environment, allow the burden to be lifted from our shoulders so that you can move along your path with your back straight and your head raised. Sending love and light your way.
Peace and Namaste Ya'll 

No comments: