Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I'm Going Going Back Back to Cali Cali!!

Hey Ya'll,
Guess what everyone, I'm turning the big 3-0 next weekend. Gasp! Shock! Horror! Not really, I'm very different from my peers (particularly the women) who are devastated by every birthday after their 29th. Personally I welcome each year with open arms and a broad smile because I am grateful to be given the chance to have made it through another year. Now that we are in a different position in our lives and have more means about us I intend to stop "making it through" another year and really, truly live every year that I am blessed with exactly the way I want to. Which shouldn't be too difficult because I don't want much in all honesty. I want to see the world, speak languages other than English, eat amazing food, practice yoga, and love my family and friends with every breath in my body. I believe that can be achieved each and every year until my time to leave this plane comes. And that sounds like a beautiful way to grow old.

So to kick off my quest in truly living each year given to me with gratitude and joy I will be going back to one of my most favorite places with one of my most favorite people this weekend. My Line-Sister and I are both celebrating our 30th birthdays touring the wine country of northern California!! Yay!! I am so excited I can barely contain myself, for me THIS is the epitome of Zen_Tasting. Cool breezes, wonderful food, learning new things about food and wine, practicing yoga in the early morning before touring the old Ghirardelli chocolate factory, eating salt water taffy while walking along the Fisherman's Wharf, and going to bed after drinking craft beer and playing pop culture trivia. That is the life I intend to sell myself as often as possible from now on and it is worth so much more that the vanity associated with aging.

If your birthday is approaching what do you have planned? How do you view aging? What idea makes aging less traumatizing? Find your Zen and roll with it because there is no stopping time; only enjoying it.
Peace and Namaste Ya'll

No comments: