Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day one of the Open Mat Journey

So yesterday was not the greatest of days on many levels. Unpleasant attitudes, 100 degree weather, 90% humidity, too much food in one sitting, and not getting to my mat until 10:00 at night. Did  I mention that I am not in the least bit a night owl, UGH....Oh well, at least I opened my mat like I said I would, right? I was completely at a loss for what to really do. This is why I prefer to do yoga in the morning while everyone is still asleep and I can focus. I have yet to train myself to tune the world out if people are up and moving around in the house. And right now my current living arrangements do not allow for a quiet room to be dedicated to me. So I was basically on my mat for about 5 minutes, maybe 10, it was enough to relax me to that I could go to sleep without complete agitation. It also stopped my from saying FML as I made a pallet to fall asleep on. Exhale.............Well I'm off to hit the treadmill for an hour, hopefully that will allow me to start this day in a much calmer manner. Because right now I'm not exactly at peace....maybe I'll take my mat with me too. Let's see how Day 2 goes. 

No comments: