Friday, January 21, 2011

More Difficult Than Expected

Good Morning,
Getting back into the groove of regular yoga classes has been more of a challenge than I expected. My very first class I was up at 5:15 out the door at 5:40 for a 6:00am sunrise class. BUT, the instructor for that morning has some complications and did not arrive. I was a bit sad about but the owner of the studio and the instructor of the class both called me to apologize for the mishap and I felt that this was genuinely a fluke and that they truly wanted to make it up to me. So instead I went to an evening class for my first official session the class was called Yin-Yoga. I really enjoyed the energy of the instructor. She was very serene yet humorous and in tune with the personal physical concerns each of us were having that night with ourselves. She provided the most amazing personal touch adjustments and alignments to our poses. I LOVED HER! The next morning I ventured out for another 6:00am sunrise Vinyasa, and boy oh boy was it worth it!!! I got a good great sweat going and this instructor provided a couple of nice physical adjustments as well, I'm really loving the smaller classes that allow for the more personal instruction because my body remembers better what it is supposed to be doing when it's gently guided into proper position, rather than sometimes in being given verbal cues. I can work from verbal cues, but the physical adjustments are my favorite. This week my work schedule and family schedule haven't been exactly what I've need to get in all the classes I would like....but such is life LOL I am determined to place my body on my mat in a class at least 3 times a week. I would be infinitely happy if I could manage 5 times a week, but I am more than sure that will happen on rare occasions. Either way I am so ecstatic to be back on my mat. Hmm maybe one day I'll venture into a teaching phase and further my practice to share with others. But until then I shall enjoy learning AND rebuilding my body. Till next time.......Namaste

No comments: