Monday, March 31, 2014

Keep it simple sexy

Hey Ya'll,
On Mondays I work through the normal dinner hours and I don't really get a break since it's only a few hours. But recently I've had to stop allowing myself to eat so late once I get home because it's counterproductive to all of my hardwork in the gym each morning. So in an attempt to not simply go hungry every Monday I have decided to keep my final meal of the day very simple so that I can easily eat between tasks. 
Tonight my meal was quite European but surprisingly satisfying. 4 slices of Batard bread spread with French Brie Cheese and topped with a triple fruit spread of cherries, raspberries, and blueberries. 

In general, I like my snacks to have a salty sweet balance. So this idea came from one of my favorite snacks: cheese and crackers with fruit. 

Sometimes keeping things simple allows for a fuller enjoyment what's at hand. You could do this with any of your favorite fresh bread (I love sourdough or ciabatta).  And you could use any cheese that you love. Try a blue cheese with pears and honey if you enjoy pungent flavors. The sky is the limit. No recipe is needed, just an open mind and an appreciation for simplicity. 

Oh yea! I touched my mat today and even had the guts to work on my handstands. They need a lot of consistent work again so here I go on a personal mission to hold a handstand without help from a wall! Wish me luck and safe form Lol. I am a bit short on space for the regular type of practice that I want, but I'm still trying. And that is what matters most to me right now. Because when things aren't ideal at least I don't give up. 

Happy meatless Monday 
Peace and Namaste Ya'll

No comments: