Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Confessions of a Classic Over-Eater...

I have a confession to make,
My name is Ashanti and I am an emotional over-eater, thank you... But in all seriousness, eating myself into an emotional coma has been a very bad habit of mine since I was about 10 years old. When I learned that food was good company and an even better distraction from the things that are may have made me unhappy. Fast forward to today and I am struggling to remind myself that the issue upsetting me needs to be handled swiftly and completely rather than giving into the overwhelming urge to stuff my face until I'm literally ready to pass out.
Today specifically has been a bit difficult for me, I am finding myself anxious in my weight-loss journey. Things are moving in the right direction but they are going so slowly that I am having a difficult time appreciating the success I am having. Not to mention my desire to move things along with changing my career field. I guess all in all my problem is my impatience. I know, just get over it, right? But that requires a totally new frame of mind and I am working on that (part of the whole Zen thing) but that will also take time. LOL funny, all the things I want most I have to wait for and work like crazy while I wait. But I guess we've just gotten so used to everything happening instantaneously in our microwave society that the real world just does not happen fast enough for us.  
While I sit eating a grapefruit, instead of ordering extra large fully loaded pizzas like my mind is screaming at me to, I find myself proud of my choice but unsatisfied because I know that there is something else I should be doing. Writing is helping with this feeling though and I am so grateful to have a platform to share my thoughts on. I think that I need to take more pictures to share with you all though. Because like I said before we want everything instantly and that means quick captures of stories in image form. :-) Today however, is not that day. Today I simply spill bits of who I am and hope that someone out there understands and would like some support in their journey to live their best life.
Peace and Namaste Ya'll

No comments: